Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generated a PDF with Thai languages but the ouput does not have any thai word in it.

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys,

I wanted to generate a letter with Thai words in it. However when I generate the letter out into PDF format, it only shows the messages in blocks.

JinOnn_0-1627881080370.png

However, when I generated it in word document, it was fine!

By the way, I used Report Text tool to generate the content of the letter and I used render to generate the PDF output.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JinOnn ,

Can you share your workflow ?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Jean,

I can't really share the workflow because it contains some sensitive information.

Do you have any advice on the Render Tool / Report Text Tool?

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'd say that's an encoding problem, the file not recognizing Thaï characters. But I don't have any solution with those tools.

Have you tried to render in a file already existing with the right encoding ?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

How do I encode PDF with Alteryx? Because Alteryx can generate thai characters into word doc and excel.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I don't think you can ! My idea is to create a PDF encoded as needed then render into this PDF. Not sure it works but can be tested.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JinOnn 

Can you create a simple dummy workflow that writes some generic Thai text to a pdf and post that?  

Dan

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dan,

Attached is a sample workflow.

The thai words are shown if you select temporary PDF. But if I select "Choose specific output file" and select a PDF output, then languages will appear as unknown boxes.

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Jean,

I have created a dummy workflow as attached.

Let me know if you are able to test your idea out!

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dan,

Any updates?

Labels