Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generate report based on workflow name or select from given list.

Sunil_Nishad
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I need your help to generate the report based on condition like given below.

IF workflow_name = "List of report from table" then "create a report at shared location"
Else message no report name available in the list

ENDIF

Basically, I have 20 reports and I have created 20 workflows for each report. So, I wanted to create a common macro file which supposed to be automatically select the name s given in the list in Text Input Tool for report and create folders. I am able to generate the folders using render tool and saving the reports in each workflow, but I need something which can place somewhere, and I can call it from any workflow to run and generate the report.

If I get some logic or sample of creating such thing, then I can try to implement in my workflow.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sunil_Nishad ,

can you please provide an example of your data and what you are trying to achieve?

M.

Bulien

Sunil_Nishad
5 - Atom

Auto Reports.PNG

I want to create a macro where If I run workflow name ABC then AAM_Report should generate or If I run XYZ workflow then NNN_Report should generate.

So It will be single macro which will generate reports for all the workflow and at a time only one workflow will run not multiple.
Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels