Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gamma Regression Model

diso
5 - Atom

Dear community,

I need to run some gamma regressions for historical prices of different portfolios. Is there any way of doing that by using a single data input file rather than running a regression for every single portfolio? In other words what I am looking for is the TS Factory tool but for predictive tools.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@diso 

Though I'm not familiar with this topic, have you ever tried Time Series category tools? If not yet, you might find the tool you need within this category.

image.png

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you have the predictive tool kit - you can try using the Gamma Regression tool:

image.png

I've done a log-link Gamma regression before, but I resorted to the Python tool ultimately because the results were different than the Gamma Regression tool for some reason. Items that were significant were found not to be significant in Python and vice versa. Is this something you're looking for? 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The TS Factory tools are essentially batch macros of the regular TS tools, so that's the route I'd go down - building a batch macro to go through each portfolio and output a gamma regression model for each one!

Labels