Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

GL Account Codes missing leading zeros with diff # of characters by unit

RMB33
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create a 3 yr GL Code to Tax Master Code for the group with a unique line for each Unit and GL Code. However, I am facing the following challenges:

- Duplicated GL Account Codes on separate line items bc certain years have GL codes are presented differently with missing leading or trailing spaces
- Units have all different # of characters for GL Codes for different units (for example, some have 4, some of 6, others have 8)

I looked into RegEx, fuzzymatch tools but wondering if anyone has seen this before and have a solution. I used the unique tool as well but because of missing leading zeros and different # of characters in account codes, I am having difficulties coming up with solution.

RMB33_0-1678198586690.png

4 REPLIES 4
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Try using PadLeft([Account Code],8,'0') to make all account codes the same length

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @RMB33 

How's this:

OllieClarke_0-1678200078034.png

Ollie

RMB33
6 - Meteoroid

@OllieClarke Perfect solution!!!!  Thank you so much.  all simple tools too! 

RMB33
6 - Meteoroid

@Christina_H   Thank you!  this solution worked as well when I added @OllieClarke tools after the formula tool with PadLeft formula!

RMB33_0-1678211545501.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels