Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy match

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I have gathered data from two different sources and need to analyze the "prod_hier_sku" field in data source 1 and compare it with "SKU" in data source 2. Since there may be minor discrepancies between these fields, a fuzzy match is necessary to accurately compare them and obtain the "one-year price." The quantity will be consistent across both sources. I have included a screenshot that illustrates my requirement.

Please help me to get the one-year price in this scenario.

Regards,

Alwin

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

The Fuzzy Match tool has an example built into Alteryx Designer. You can interact with this by right clicking on the tool in your toolbar and selecting "Open Example":
20230815-FuzzyExample.png

That will get you going on how to use use the tool in your workflow, but the matching method will need some tuning. This is the documentation on the different matching options:
https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/fuzzy-match-edit-match-options-0

For the SKU fields you shared in your example, I might suggest setting a "Custom" match style. Based on the dash and alphanumeric characters that comprise your SKU values, try generating keys on the whole field, then using one of the character-based (not word-based) match functions. You might need to try a few different methods in here to get the results you want. 

20230815-FuzzyExample2.JPG

Give this a whirl and let us know if you have any questions.

Labels