Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match Tool for Matching Epic and Project Names

CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm relatively new to Alteryx and currently exploring the capabilities of the Fuzzy Match tool. I have been experimenting with this tool to match a list of [Epic Names] to a corresponding list of [Project Names], but I'm not achieving the results I expected. I've attempted to follow several tutorials and examples to understand the best practices for configuring the tool for my specific case, yet it seems I'm missing something crucial.

My goal is to find matches between these two sets, considering various degrees of similarity. I understand that the Fuzzy Match tool can handle such cases, but my current setup either misses potential matches or returns too many false positives.

Could anyone provide insights or share their experiences on how to effectively use the Fuzzy Match tool for this type of matching scenario? Any tips on preprocessing steps, tool configurations, or even alternative approaches within Alteryx would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support!

4 REPLIES 4
adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hey @CrisRoman , the details of your question don't really match up with the workflow you attached, but here is how I approached the Fuzzy match for the attached workflow. Please clarify if this isn't the information you were looking for.fuzzy match ex..jpg

CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

@adamweaver39  thank you for the reply, sorry I attached the wrong workflow.... I saw that post and I tried to follow that as an example but got stuck and I'm not getting any matches. 

My goal is to match [Epic Name] with [Project Name].  

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hey @CrisRoman -- gotcha! Check out my attached workflow and see if that's helpful at all. I think you wanted to reconfigure the Fuzzy match parameters slightly and then use the Make Group tool to get your more general name list. Let me know if that does the trick.

CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

that's very helpful, thank you so much!

Labels