Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Error

jlrouquette
7 - Meteor

I'm working with the score output from the support vector machine tool.  When I apply the formula tool to those outputs, however, I'm getting a strange answer.  The data preview shows the correct answer for both formulas but the actual output is showing the ELSE answer.   

I've attached a snip of the workflow, the formulas in the tool and the output from the formula.  You will see in the picture that it should be returning "E" (as it does in the preview) but its returning "ERROR" instead for some reason.

Thoughts on what could be causing this?

-Luke

FormulaError.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jlrouquette

Have you checked data types?

MaxProb is a  FixedDecimal Field as it's shown, is SvmModelApplied_E the same, with same precision as well?

There could be a rounding problem with that, I'd guess. Also, I can clearly see that  SvmModelApplied_E Field has something going on (leading/trailing whitespace issue), as it's marked with a red tag.

Cheers,

jlrouquette
7 - Meteor

Thanks for those starting points.  SvmModelApplied is a score output, I'm actually not sure what the data type is or the precision.  The red tag for every value in there has this message, "The display value was rounded to 6 decimals for clarity".  When I changed the datatype to double it worked perfectly.

I appreciate your help! 

-Luke 

Labels