Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Folder Browse Tool error

dho111
7 - Meteor

If someone open the app and click "Finish" without choosing a Folder path, how can I force a default path string? I'm not sure the output type but output just showing "False" and unable to update.

I need a Default Path text string. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @dho111 

Try this, a few updates were needed:

1. If the selection was blank, it results in a 'False' record, which you picked up on. However the data type of that is boolean. 
  2. I added a select tool to force the data to a string and set the length to 255 ( you may need to increase). 
  3. When you set a boolean to string, it results in 0 (false) or -1 (true), so i updated the formula for that.

Luke_C_0-1655145669190.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Not 100% sure on your exact end requirement so have just replaced the output with a browse to show it working. You can obviously just amend this as you need. The fix means that if no directory is selected, it'll populate the path with your default. If the user does input a path, it'll use that.

Blank:DataNath_0-1655145874406.png

Populated:

DataNath_1-1655145915865.png

dho111
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the explanation! Works great. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels