Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Flag customers who have multiple occurrences

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am looking for a simple solution to identify customers who meet the criteria of 1, 2, 3 in the 'Occurrence' column and flag as 1 so I can then use only those customers going forward in my analysis.  Everyone else should be excluded.  I'm trying to use the multi-row tool to accomplish this, but not sure if it is the right tool.

I've attached sample data with my desired output.

Thanks in advance,

Jessica

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Jholiday78 one way of doing this wihout multi-row formula

binuacs_0-1657839388653.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Jholiday78 
I am sorry but mine is not really "simple" per se😂

It make things abit complex since you only want to flag the first occurence per each customer.

0715-Jholiday78.PNG

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

Thanks Binuacs,  I wish I could do this, but I need to carry through the customer id.  Thank you though for looking at it.

SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

This still isnt exactly simple, but it isnt terribly complicated either.

SPetrie_0-1657854151943.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Jholiday78 updated the workflow

binuacs_0-1657867858854.png

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

I was way off.  I thought I could just use a multi-row formula.  This worked perfect.  I could actually stop at the filter for 'Concat_Occurance" because those are the customers that where there ids showed up in all cases (1, 2, 3). 

Thank you,

This worked perfect and I appreciate the help.

Jholiday78
7 - Meteor

Thank you to all who responded with solutions.  There's more then one way it seems to solve my issue.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels