Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fixing subject line for o365 tool

Anu1989s
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

Am new to Alteryx, and currently facing challenges in fixing the subject line for o365 tool. Please find my use case below:

On a daily basis, I receive around 15 emails with attachments,

Step 1: I have configured o365 tool with my Outlook, I'm able to connect to the inbox

Step 2: I have written the below in the "search Query" option

received: today
             subject:"Currency Exchange Rate Report"

Step 3: I have specified the path  where the attachments needs to be downloaded.

Step 4: Once I execute the o365 tool, I'm using  directory and dynamic input tool to fetch the latest emails, Suppose I have not received any email today, in that case I need to pick the latest downloaded attachment that is available

Issue #1: O365 tool is downloading all the attachments that contain the keywords mentioned in the subject line.

For eg: Suppose there are 2 emails with the subject line "Currency Exchange Rate Report" and "Currency Report", I would need to download the attachment only for the "Currency Exchange Rate Report"

Is there any way I could fix the subject line?

Issue #2: I have few emails that contain zip files as an attachments, how do I unzip the files as each time a file gets downloaded, a folder will be created along with the subject line and timestamp.

Request your assistance in getting this resolved.

Thanks In Advance

Anupama

1 REPLY 1
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Anu1989s ,  for issue #1, I believe you can refine the search criteria by following the guidance shown in the documentation below. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-search-in-outlook-d824d1e9-a255-4c8a-8553-276fb895...

for #2, I don't believe there is a way to unzip the files within the Outlook Input tool.  Please submit a support ticket to inquire further on this. 

If this helps resolve your issue, please mark this reply as the solution so that others in the Community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks!

Labels