Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Firebase data extraction

espkopi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm tasked to extract data from a view in Firebase but can't seem to find a suitable Alteryx connector. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Firebase (the platform) or Firestore the GCP NoSQL document database? I don't think Views exist in either. You would use an API to connect Firestore - Firestore does not have or support ODBCs.

espkopi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, thanks for reply. Would this be via API and to use Python within Alteryx? Is it complicated as I'm not familiar with Python.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Hey sorry - I think there is a nuance to your project which either isn't being communicated to you or which is wrong. First off - what are your sources and where are they? Are they Firebase or Firestore? Are they on GCP? Is there a BigQuery connection? I think there are just so many questions here before we get to the "how do I connect Alteryx" stage.

Labels