Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding Outliers - where to start?

anthony
11 - Bolide

Hi, I am working on a project were I have weights of products shipped. I am trying to identify extreme outliers by product that do not fit into the normal distribution for that products actual weight.

This has 2 purposes; investigate why they are outliers to identify issues and to remove for average weight calculation by product for further downstream needs.

Can someone point me in the right direction/method I should consider so I can setup a marco to process each product to identify outliers so I can remove them? Are there R functions or exsisting alterxy workflows that can easily accomplish?

Thanks,

Anthony

10 REPLIES 10
Janet_Tan
5 - Atom

refering to the threshold. I just used value 1 which is equivalent to 1 SD for my dataset. You could read up materials on Z score.

Labels