Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find nearest tool - can't set custom distance

dlee3
5 - Atom

It looks like the maximum distance having set default to interval and I can't type in whatever range I want.

Is this happened to anyone?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I do not see the same issue - I can type in a single numeric value without issue! Can you share a screenshot of what you are trying to type?Find nearest tool - can't set custom distance.PNG

dlee3
5 - Atom

Weird... I can't type in anything.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very odd - what versions are you on? And can you try highlighting whatever number you have selected and typing over it?

dlee3
5 - Atom

I am using 2023.2.1.7. I can't highlighting the number.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@dlee3 
I believe you are right and there is something wrong about this tool in the latest version.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Find-Nearest-Tool-range-restri...
Let me check where should we report this issue to.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is now considered a defect and will be fixed in later versions!

Find Nearest Defect.png

dlee3
5 - Atom

Thanks everyone!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@dlee3 can you please mark the most helpful response so that this thread closes and others can see the solution? Thanks in advance

Labels