Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Find and Replace a name with an email, why is 2 being appended to my email?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

hi,

I have the following data, 

Find Becomes
Name Email
Stevens, Louis A  
Lou Stevens LouisA.Stevens@hotmail.com
Louis Stevens Louis.Stevens2@hotmail.com

Replace  
c_Namec_Email 
Lou StevensLouisA.Stevens@hotmail.com

why is Louis.Stevens2@hotmail.com being created here? maybe im missing something in my setup, no clue how that is being picked up...

5 REPLIES 5
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hey @wonka1234 

Have you tried ticking the box that says 'Match Whole Word Only' or finding the Entire Field? Since they're so similar it seems like a reasonable place to start

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Yes - still gives the Louis.Stevens2@hotmail.com

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@wonka1234  sounds like unusual behaviour. Is it definitely happening in the find and replace? I can't recreate and haven't seen it before

JamesCharnley_0-1673364791071.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Yes ive checked before that tool.. there is no Louis.Stevens2@hotmail.com prior.. its so confusing.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@wonka1234  could there be a row you've not seen somewhere in the Replace anchor with Louis Stevens in? I'm  pretty much out of suggestions without being able to see it

Labels