Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Replace tool

satishkurra
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team

I'm trying to perform Find Replace instead of Join tool from 2 tables. Attached is the workflow which is performing both Join and Find Replace. I'm more concerned about Find Replace as Join is bringing mutliple records because my Table 2 has multiple entries to satisfy. 

I have been told that Find Replace works like VLOOKUP in excel.

My main question is why the Find Replace tool is outputting value as 2 for WORK ID 2 Column instead of 1. 

In excel, if we perform VLOOKUP it is outputting value as 1 for WORK ID 2 Column.

Thanks
Satish

4 REPLIES 4
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @satishkurra 

Small correction, Join tool only works as VLOOKUP in excel.

Now can you reframe the question please based on the Vlookup function as Join tool in Alteryx.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @satishkurra 

I have tweaked the input, added 3 also.

ShankerV_0-1676051693253.png

The result is 3.

i.e the last match found relevant value is replaced by Find and Replace tool.

Many thanks

Shanker V

satishkurra
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. You are right. It is taking the last record. In below example it is taking 3 after you add 3rd record. How to stop once I find the matching value. In this case 1 is also have a matching value on ST and ST2 columns

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @satishkurra 

Please be informed that, the logic which is incorrect as 

when you use an option of Find and Replace should be unique.

Where we cant have Same Find and Multiple Replace give in Excel find and replace option.

Here Find and Replace tool works the same way, but to find more Find and more Replace at same time.

I can suggest the alternative solution below.

ShankerV_0-1676054370467.png

Labels