Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Out or Remove

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Can you please help me out in removing or filtering out "No Items Found" if I have other available data. "No Items Found" should only be use if there is no data. In the sample below, I have "abc" and "def" as valid data so "No Items Found" should not be there.

Filter out.PNG

Hoping for your assistance.

Thanks

Kamen

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Use a Count tool, then Append Fields, then Filter, then Select (to remove the Count field)

Can you post data in table format or Excel attachment, not as an image?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @ChrisTX 

Here is the file for your reference.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Just wondering a simple filer tool wont work for your usecase?

image.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the response @binuacs , however my problem is that when there is no data, the filter will still filter out the "NO ITEMS FOUND". This should not be the case. If there is no data, the report will be "NO ITEMS FOUND". But if there is data, the report will shows only the data excluding the "NO ITEMS FOUND"

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kamen

Raj
15 - Aurora

@KamenRider share same sample data and expected output 
this will help to get more clarity on your requirement.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Thanks for the workflow however is it possible if we can merge this workflows into one. Conditions is that if "No Items Found", there is an email that will send this info that "No Items Found". But if there are records found, the email will state "Please review the attached report for any required action". Can we make this automatic wherein Alteryx will be the one to determine and send the appropriate email?

Hoping for your assistance on this.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider 

you can add a filter again and based on the count field setup the email tools

image.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

I am happy about the solution since we are nearing to complete it. Can I ask again for your expertise since the table below has text tool on it and whenever I run the table although there is no table since I have data, the said part is producing email because of the text tools attached to the layout tool. I am been thinking these for hours and I can't derived a solution. When there is no table since "No Items Found" is being filtered out when there is data, regardless there are text tools, there should be no email. Can you help me on this?

Table Restrict.PNG

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Kamen 

Labels