Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filling Table Rows

TheLearner
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is it possible to join two tables with no joining columns but instead of filling fields with null value to instead fill with tables filed values?

I want to join two tables (table1 having 6 rows and table2 only having one row of data) by adding the values in table2 to every row in table1.

If this is not possible can you refer to fields in another table when creating a formatting rule when creating a table?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @TheLearner 

The append fields tool should do the trick for you. I prepared the attached example based on your description. I added a column that says 'TEST' for every row of data in the first table. 

I use this tool for a number of reasons, but one of them is exactly what you describe, adding many columns with static values to my dataset. 

Luke_C_0-1619615271371.png

TheLearner
5 - Atom

Hi Luke,

That worked great thank you.

Another question I quickly have is: is it possible to loop through a process without creating a macros?

Thanks

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @TheLearner 

Glad it helped, if it solved your question please mark it as solved so people in the future can find it easier.

For your question, it may depend on what you're trying to do, but generally a macro would be needed. There are some great trainings in the academy if you're unfamiliar

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros

Labels