Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

FTP download of XML files

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have been using a workflow for a while now to download .csv files and this works fine. Now however, I need to start downloading .xml files and I get the following error:

Error: Dynamic Input (9): Error reading "C:\Users\NAME\OneDrive - COMPANY\A_Alteryx GSIP Workflows\WIP workflows\CL_01_Test_IRM_mnent.exp.xml": Too many fields in record #29513

So the download works and the files arrive, the above error is in the 'Dynamic input', any suggestion on why a .csv would work and a .xml wont?

Bigmonki_1-1611145638365.png

2 REPLIES 2
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Bigmonki 

You need to read in your XML files as a .CSV and then use the XML Parse tool to get the data.

Here is a post that covers a dynamic xml input. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Dynamic-XML-input/td-p/442403

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Maskell_Rascal 

On the macro input data tool, what should the action type be set to and is it required? With the XML parse tool, I get this error message:

XML Parse (7) invalid document structure at Line:1 and Column:39

This is line 1 in my output - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Here is the structure of my .xml file, there are multiple <TableRecord> entries

Bigmonki_0-1611161733582.png

Bigmonki_1-1611161820725.png 

Bigmonki_3-1611161886735.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels