Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract attachments from email

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hello All. I have this requirement as mentioned below .

Supplier email is received let me say daily 100 with multiple attachments . I require Alteryx to pick these attachments and process the information in the workflow .

Is there any way to do it . 

Also , i require alteryx to send email to supplier with output information everytime it  generates the output . 

Any clue . Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

For your first question. How to read email/ files from email. Here is a link which might help you out.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-do-you-connect-to-outlook-email/td...

And for sending an email with an attachment. Email tool has option. You directly attach the file or provide path through a field.

atcodedog05_0-1607676413680.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Sorry i asking without looking into email tool .

But with this tool will Alteryx automatically send email to the specified person .

Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

Yes Email tool can totally do it. I have been using it for a while. As you can see all fields are customizable and can also be loaded from a fields. Which makes it dynamic and very flexible 

atcodedog05_0-1607676803844.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @praneshsapmm 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

Labels