Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Exporting linear regression results to Excel

markus5555
5 - Atom

Hey all,

Can anyone help me on figuring out how to export linear regression results to Excel? I can see the correct table with the Browse tool (See pic below). However, i would want to export this table to Excel. If i use just the regular export tool or export data tool, i get just a string with the metadata of the table.

Thank you a lot!

Regression results.png

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sounds like you need a Render Tool (alteryx.com)!

cyeager
7 - Meteor

Does anyone know how to automatically keep only the Variable names and coefficients from the model (section 7) within the workflow and keep it automated?  Right now, I'd have to go to the temporarily saved Excel rendered sheet, and grab the data.  Depending on the model it could be 3 to many more variables from the spreadsheet and manually paste it into a new worksheet.  Thanks for your solution/ideas

cyeager
7 - Meteor

Ok, at least I can use Render to "Group Data Into Separate Reports" , to reference the "Coefficients" file and then use an input node to select Excel columns A:B to use in an input workflow.  **A key is to within Render, drop down to in the Output Mode: "Choose a Specific Output File" first for "Group Data Into Separate Reports" to un-grey itself.**

Labels