Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Export to two different tabs of the same excel file

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Is there a way to export the output of the same workflow to two different tabs of the excel file alteryx?

PS: Would appreciate if the solution snippets were pasted as i am out of my trial version of alteryx

24 REPLIES 24
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, there is a way. See attached a snippet.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hegdepavithra10,

You can do that using the block until done tool.

I have prepared the workflow for you.

Emil_Kos_0-1606405188914.png

Block until done tool can be handy in the situations like this. You can read more about it here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Block-Until-Done/ta-p/...

If this post was helpful please mark as a solution!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PhilipMannering,

If I am not mistaken you need to use block until done tool to make this work.

Correct me if I am wrong. 

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@Emil_Kos  Does this tool take multiple input?

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hegdepavithra10,

No. You should join or union your data before block until done tool.

Please tell me more what you want to accomplish and I will do my best to help you.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@Emil_Kos I would also want to inform you that one part of the data that i want to export i output of table tool, hence i have to use render tool to output the data and the  other one is from group of formulas

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@hegdepavithra10,

Attached an example

messi007_0-1606405839980.png

Hope that helps,

Regards

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@PhilipMannering If you do  not mind can you please post a screenshot of the workflow you posted. My trial version has expired. Hence i am unable to open the workflow.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

@messi007 , @Emil_Kos   one part of the data that i want to output is from table tool so i have to use render tool to output, would this still work?

Labels