Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Export to two different tabs of the same excel file

hegdepavithra10
Comète

Is there a way to export the output of the same workflow to two different tabs of the excel file alteryx?

PS: Would appreciate if the solution snippets were pasted as i am out of my trial version of alteryx

24 RÉPONSES 24
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, there is a way. See attached a snippet.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hegdepavithra10,

You can do that using the block until done tool.

I have prepared the workflow for you.

Emil_Kos_0-1606405188914.png

Block until done tool can be handy in the situations like this. You can read more about it here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Block-Until-Done/ta-p/...

If this post was helpful please mark as a solution!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PhilipMannering,

If I am not mistaken you need to use block until done tool to make this work.

Correct me if I am wrong. 

hegdepavithra10
Comète

@Emil_Kos  Does this tool take multiple input?

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hegdepavithra10,

No. You should join or union your data before block until done tool.

Please tell me more what you want to accomplish and I will do my best to help you.

hegdepavithra10
Comète

@Emil_Kos I would also want to inform you that one part of the data that i want to export i output of table tool, hence i have to use render tool to output the data and the  other one is from group of formulas

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@hegdepavithra10,

Attached an example

messi007_0-1606405839980.png

Hope that helps,

Regards

hegdepavithra10
Comète

@PhilipMannering If you do  not mind can you please post a screenshot of the workflow you posted. My trial version has expired. Hence i am unable to open the workflow.

hegdepavithra10
Comète

@messi007 , @Emil_Kos   one part of the data that i want to output is from table tool so i have to use render tool to output, would this still work?

Sondage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Étiquettes