Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Export Files to Multiple locations

joseph1229
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I am pulling a file from FTP server. Can anyone please help me how I can export the same file into multiple locations in my desktop?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@joseph1229 

If you just want to download a file and save it into multiple locations, you can create a mapping between the FTP path and the locations where you'd like to save the file and feed it into the Download module. The caveat is that you will be downloading the file multiple times.

MichalM_0-1607449633530.png

Assuming this is a data file, you can download the file and load it into Alteryx as data, parse it out, append paths to the locations you'd like to save the files, and use the Dynamic output option available within the Output Data Module

MichalM_3-1607450051027.png

MichalM_2-1607449972827.png

MichalM_1-1607449935949.png

joseph1229
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Michael. 

This is really helpful. I created mapping between the FTP path and the locations where the file needs to be saved. It worked. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@joseph1229 

As a common practice here, you should mark @MichalM solution as accept and give a like😁

Labels