Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel sheets highlight on Alteryx output

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Is there a way to highlight excel sheets in Alteryx output. Please find the below screenshot for reference. I need to build output the same format. Please suggest me if any possibilities. 

Capture.PNG

thanks,

Navin

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @NiranjanK1 

You shouldn't need to use Alteryx to highlight the tabs; if you have a preformatted excel workbook and you use the option 'Overwrite Sheet or Range' that should preserve the formatting.

DavidSkaife_0-1661948803888.png

Edit: just tested it and it didn't work 🤔 but if you define a named range on the sheet instead it works. See updated highlighted screenshot above

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @NiranjanK1 --

There isn't a native way of doing what you ask, but if the templates can be created beforehand, you can do something like what is outlined in the below article.

https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

or

The Blob: Reporting That Isn’t From a Horror Film - Alteryx Community

Thanks,

Seth

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@NiranjanK1,

I don't think that you can do it with alteryx. However you have two options :

- Prepare an empty Excel file with colored sheets and then inject the data with perserve formating option :

messi007_0-1661949122906.png

- Do it with VB script

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-input-only-colored-sheets-from-...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@DavidSkaife @messi007 Thanks for the reply. Let me try with existing template, i will try to replace with data. 

Labels