Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel sheet has hidden formula's but when i pull in alteryx workflow in shows null

SurabhiGoyal
5 - Atom

Hi @all

I am building a workflow in Alteryx where i have hidden formula in few cells of a given row and when i pull data using Union function.. the values are being added in different row. 

In the workflow attached in the below image.. There are formula;s in some of the cells in the Hashtag Interview sheet so everytime i add new name it is being added to a space where there is no formula.

The Null cell is added everywhere there is formula dragged. 

Can someone help me under if i can add values to the left part given that there is formula in some of the cells in the right.

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SurabhiGoyal ,

Alteryx will load in the value that is in the cell. If the formula in the cell produces a null value, that's what will be pulled into Alteryx. 

The best thing to do is use Excel (if you must) as a source of raw data and do the calculations in Alteryx. That was the process is automated and doesn't require you to have multiple pages of lookups etc. in Excel.

Pull in the raw data, replicate the calculations in Alteryx and you will have your figures.

M.

Bulien

Labels