Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Exact match into a list of values where items count several words

MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Is anybody having an idea on how to solve this:

I need to find a way to look for a value into a list of values and I am having trouble with a case.

Indeed I am using for now the Contains function which is working well except when the list of values contains multiple words for an item. 

Example: Look for 'String' into 'Single Parent Family / Family / Spouse / Children'

The result of my actual request is OK as 'Single' is found into the list of values. But I would like it to be KO as 'Single'!='Single Parent Family'

I guess I should use regular expression to look before each '/' (meaning to add a '/' at the end of the list) but I am not familiar with it and I do not know how to handle this. If someone can help it would be really appreciated.

Melanie

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MelanieR ,

I've attached a search for you that will find Single and will return Single Parent Family.  While I think that this solves the challenge posed, if you need more help, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Hi @MarqueeCrew ,

Thank you for your solution. It does not exactly match with my issue however it's a good "track". I am going to work on your idea.

(don't take into account my last message if you read it before I modify it)

MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much @MarqueeCrew ! Thank to you I found how to make it works.

I enclosed the solution in case someone will  face the same issue.

Melanie

Labels