Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error with Macro

Raj
16 - Nebula

Hi all,

I have created the batch macro and and it is successfully running for most of the files but due to unknown reasons it is not working for 6 files 
but when i am running them individually these files are running properly what can be the issue.

Test macro for Poc (7) Record #2: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #3: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #12: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #26: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #56: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #57: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.
Test macro for Poc (7) Record #61: Tool #26: The field schema for the output "Output26" changed between iterations.

this is the error i am getting.

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj have a look at your Interface Designer Properties options on your batch macro based on the configuration this may be expected behaviour.

Interface_Options_04092023.JPG

A typical reason for using a Batch Macro is that it can deal with the Data Schema changing which occurs for a number of reasons such a columns changing postion. Your column being Null where previouisly it wasn't or a field being alphanumeric whereas previously it was numeric in a different file.

Raj
16 - Nebula

which option is suggested to select in this situation

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Auto configure by Name would be the option I select. 

Labels