Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error : "has a different schema than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped"

dpuls
7 - Meteor

I keep getting the following error when reading a half dozen small Excel workbooks using a Data Input tool set to read *.xlsx from a specific folder. I have checked the Excel worksheets for format differences (header/footer, column headers, hidden columns, etc) and cannot find what is different if anything.  I have even entered the scores from one survey response worksheet to the one that works and renamed/saved - still to no avail.  I'm am definitely pulling my hair out over this one.  

Anyone seen something weird like this occur before?  Thoughts about how to troubleshoot?   I have to process a fairly large number of worksheets in te next day or so. Open to any and all ideas... Thanks.

Warning: Input Data (1): The file "C:\Users\dennispuls\Desktop\Working Documents\XXX\CapMat Survey\XX Cap Mat Responses\R2 - 03.21.2019 - XX IT Capability Maturity Survey_XXX|||`Survey$`" has a different schema than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped

18 REPLIES 18
CullenG
5 - Atom

Do you have a workflow I can see?

LenaDVVR
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue but with the tool "Select" at each CSV input, all data seem to be the same (double for one, and double for the other). 

Can you share the name of the macro please ? I would like to figure it out and I am convinced that only the macro can solve this issue. 

Thank you in advance, 

VikramNalawade
5 - Atom

Thanks @CharlieS . This suggestion helped me as well. For reference of other, below is the screenshot of small batch macro created. The 'Select' tool before Macro Output helps align the 'schema' like datatype and length of output data from all files.

VikramNalawade_0-1643266691105.png

geraldngugi
6 - Meteoroid

Would love a demo of this please

111xyz
5 - Atom

Great! please could you share the WF so that I can see the macro you used? 

geraldngugi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  - I managed to solve this recently by following the instructions here >>> https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

My batch macro looks as simple as this: 

geraldngugi_0-1668441502223.png

Hope that helps!

JACKIEC1992
7 - Meteor

Hi there

I am running into the same error and cant seem to find a solution. I have one file that I need to spit out into one output. I sometimes do or do not run into this error and would love to figure out a quick fix for this. I am attaching the workflow and also the input file. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rajivraghava
5 - Atom

I dont see any difference in the fields not sure if i am missing a step here my friend

beatrice_favella
5 - Atom

I was having the same problem, but after reading this post I realized that the same field was considered as text in some files and as number in others.

I fixed the problem! thanks.

Labels