Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error messages in Alteryx

njohn2756
5 - Atom

Hi received these two error messages, if anyone has any recommendations please advise. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @njohn2756 

Parsing error is data mismatch issue.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @njohn2756 

Can't really help you with the first image, since that is a custom error message created by your workflow/macro. The Message tool can be configured to output any number of unique error messages based on an expression to check if true or not.

The second errors "parse error at char(0)" are caused due to a mismatch between data types. Most likely, somewhere in your incoming data, the field contains or has been set to a STRING data type. You'd need to make sure that your fields you are calculating are set to numeric values. 

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

njohn2756
5 - Atom

Hi Phil thanks for the response, what setting do you suggest changing the string setting to? 

njohn2756_0-1604348540776.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @njohn2756 

Can you share your workflow and some sample data

So that we can look into it.

njohn2756
5 - Atom

Hi Im unable to post the workflow due to work restrictions do you have any other suggestions? I appreciate the help.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @njohn2756 

Without being able to see more of the data or workflow, I can't really tell you what to set the Field Type to. If I had to guess, I'd probably say it needs to be changed to a Double. 

Does your workflow use the Transpose or Crosstab tool at anytime prior to the formula tool with the error? If so, these tools convert all fields to a string, so you'd need to convert the number fields back to a Double or Byte. 

You could try using the Auto Field tool prior to the formula tool to automatically convert doubles stored as strings. It will convert everything to the smallest possible size/type, so keep that in mind. 

Before:

Maskell_Rascal_0-1604424248835.png

After:

Maskell_Rascal_1-1604424289279.png

Thanks!

Phil

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels