Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error for Macro related to extract data from different folders with same identifier

Tinafu
5 - Atom

Hi team, 

I'm a new Alteryx designer. There is one error I met as pics need your help. My Alteryx version is 2022.3.1

My request is to extract data in a specific sheet from different folders, I knew there was the better way can do it for my situation, but there is a problem I cannot solve. The pic is the part of my flow, and I can run the whole flow with the macro before, but now the macro cannot be active. I have no idea for the situation.

For 1st picture, it displays an error, and I selected "view">>"interface designer">>"Auto Configure by Name"

Picture1.png

And then it also displays error as 2nd pics different like the 1st one." You have found a bug. The pipe has been ended"

Picture2.png

For my flow:

Directory tool to get the file name and add formula tool to add the sheet name, for the two steps, I can run successfully. When I run the flow with the macro, it is wrong. The third pic is the configuration of macro. 

Picture3.png

Could you all give some suggestions for the flow?  I closed AMP engine, and it also cannot run now. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Tinafu 
First of all, we should the Macro Input tool instead of the "Data Input" tool in the macro, I think.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Open the macro - go to interface designer.

click on auto configure by name. save. 

o.k. - you fixed that. Here's the deal - you need to have that sheet and that range in your file. If not - it will not work. Can you share a better shot of your action tool in your macro? What are you updating and are you leaving a sheet? If you create a sheet/range in your outerworkflow and pass that in - you must replace it in your input data. Otherwise you would end up with:

fullpath:sheet$range|||sheet$range - which is junk.

Tinafu
5 - Atom

Hi all, thank you all for your swift response.

I double check the flow and file (include the sheet name and range) there are same sheets and ranges.

For my flow, I do not need to create a new sheet, I only want to extract the data from existed sheets under same sheet name and same range from different files with keywords

The below shot is my action tool of macro, I selected "replace a specific string" and add the file template in input tool of macro. (the 2nd pic).
Action tool setting.png

Macro input file and range.png

After I found the error, I tried to test a new flow extract the data from sheets under same sheet name and same range from different files with keywords as well by using the macro as below, it can be active. and I run the flow with error successfully in Apr and May, I feel confused about the reason why the flow can run before but now cannot. There is no change for the flow and data source.

new flow.png

new flow macro.png

Before the error I added the ODBC and Alteryx Gallery access, I'm not sure these are causing the error, coz there is no such error for my new flow.
Looking forward to getting some advice. Thank you!

Labels