Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error When Adding Map Input Tool

justinihil
7 - Meteor

When I put a Map Input tool to the canvas I get an error saying, "A previous action may not have completed successfully."

If I just click OK, another error pops up saying that "AlteryxService_Client.Net.AlteryxServiceException: Timed out waiting for service to start." (See screenshot for more details)

I am using the 2022.3 version

16 REPLIES 16
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Probably a trivial response, did you try closing Alteryx, reopening it, and then trying to add the Map Input tool to the canvas again? Just stabbing in the dark here!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That's an odd one.

I might try adjusting some settings and see if that gets it out of this initialization funk. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings. In the "Dataset Default" tab, there are settings to select a default base map and a starting location for the Map Input tool. Try selecting a different reference base map and zooming into an area you work with frequently. Maybe adjusting these settings to values you know work will help the tool initialize correctly when added to the canvas. 

20230118-MapInput.jpg

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Ah I get this issue all the time as well, for me it is sometimes fixed by restarting Alteryx or my PC. It has happened on and off in version 2022.1 and 2022.3.

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@CharlieS Even just trying to choose a default location is enough to crash my Designer in the same way.

justinihil
7 - Meteor

When I try to set Default Location for Map Input/Question, it gives me one of the errors I had initially (see 2nd screenshot), the one that says, "AlteryxService_Client.Net.AlteryxServiceException: Timed out waiting for service to start.

at AlteryxGuiToolkit.JSMap.ServiceController.InitService()

at AlteryxGuiToolkit.JSMap.ServiceController.get_Instance()

at AlteryxGuiToolkit.JSMap.JSMapControl.GetBaseMapTileSetId(StringstrBaseMap)"

justinihil
7 - Meteor

Unfortunately for me, even after restarting I'm getting the errors ☹️

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @justinihil, I think it would be worth re-installing Alteryx if you need this bug sorted, it was the only thing that (temporarily) fixed it for me.

justinihil
7 - Meteor

@FinnCharlton I'm thinking of doing that, but I have this irrational fear that when I'm done reinstalling, my license will suddenly vanish, lol. In your experience, you didn't encounter any issues reinstalling, right?

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@justinihil No your license should be fine. If you download from this link after logging I think it applies your license: http://licenses.alteryx.com/

Labels