Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error When Adding Map Input Tool

justinihil
7 - Meteor

When I put a Map Input tool to the canvas I get an error saying, "A previous action may not have completed successfully."

If I just click OK, another error pops up saying that "AlteryxService_Client.Net.AlteryxServiceException: Timed out waiting for service to start." (See screenshot for more details)

I am using the 2022.3 version

16 REPLIES 16
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Since a solution hasn't been posted yet, I'm commented to say I'm seeing the same issue with a customer after upgrading to 2022.1.

Feel free to chase me for an update in the future.

JonathanAllenby_0-1674574069006.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Have found a fix! 

It's apparently due to corruption / incorrect generation of a file called RuntimeSettings.xml, found in C:/ProgramData/Alteryx.

Just rename this file (to any other name) and restart Alteryx.

Alteryx will re-generate this file upon booting and Map Input should work.

FinnCharlton_0-1674575663823.png

FinnCharlton_1-1674575675501.png

I won't take any credit for this fix, I found it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/AlteryxServiceException-when-running-t...

justinihil
7 - Meteor

@FinnCharlton Perfect! Thanks for sharing this!

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Came here to share this. ^

Can confirm it worked for me.

meredithm
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! This solved the issue for me!

nicoleshines
5 - Atom

Thank you! I had this issue for a while, and I accidentally dropped by this page to resolve this issue finally! Yes, it worked for me too.

logdog0411
8 - Asteroid

I got this as well, and the reinstall did not work. I got this fix through our internal helpline and it worked for me, so I share it here:

1. Rename the file "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings" to "RuntimeSettings_bkp.xml"

2. Then restart Designer. 

Labels