Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Using "Publish to Tableau Server" Tool

russellchance
5 - Atom

Last week I successfully setup and published a workflow to our Tableau Server using the Alteryx-developed "Publish to Tableau Server" macro. Well, this week I updated the underlying data in the workflow and attempted to publish an update and I received an error message about "Expected end of tag 'meta' at..." Here is a screenshot:

Alteryx Error Message 3-8-16.PNG

I would appreciate any thoughts as I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the tool, changing the project name, using a different datasource name - all to no success. Thank you!

Russell

18 REPLIES 18
jayisraelson
6 - Meteoroid

I am running into this same error - what can I look for exactly in the proxy settings that might be causing the issue? 

Otherwise, how do I troubleshoot this issue?

jayisraelson
6 - Meteoroid

Any input on this?  I am unable to troubleshoot the root cause for this issue.  Thanks

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are a couple of things to check:

• If there are special characters in your password, that is a known issue with the Tableau API
  • Can you access the Tableau Server from Tableau Desktop?
  • Do you have permission to publish on the Tableau Server?

Other than that, we would need more info to troubleshoot.

jayisraelson
6 - Meteoroid

@KaneG wrote:

There are a couple of things to check:

• If there are special characters in your password, that is a known issue with the Tableau API
  • Can you access the Tableau Server from Tableau Desktop?
  • Do you have permission to publish on the Tableau Server?

Other than that, we would need more info to troubleshoot.

1 - yes, 2 - yes, 3 - yes

Yes I have a special character in the password as it is required.  So, what's the workaround?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not sure exactly on the issue. Take a look at this post for clarification... it appears that the special character is only an issue if you have multiple special characters in your password.

If that doesn't explain the issue, then please contact support and someone can investigate.

jayisraelson
6 - Meteoroid

@KaneG wrote:

I'm not sure exactly on the issue. Take a look at this post for clarification... it appears that the special character is only an issue if you have multiple special characters in your password.

If that doesn't explain the issue, then please contact support and someone can investigate.

That doesn't seem to be the issue.  Please see attached

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please contact support at support@alteryx.com so that someone can look into the issue further

Chris_Bick
5 - Atom

We ran into this error at a client and the root cause turned out to be more than one user accessing the same Publish to Tableau Server macro from one location.  We created a separate copy for each user and the issue went away.

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

What kind of proxy settings did you find that were causing this? We're having the same issue here and have tried everything else.

Labels