Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLDriverConnect:Data source name not found and no default driver specified!!!

kritika24
5 - Atom

While scheduling a workflow, getting an error Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. but while running the workflow manually, the workflow is executed.
Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @kritika24 

When you say running it manually i assume you mean running it on your local machine?

This means one of two potential issues:

That the ODBC the workflow is attempting to use is not installed on your Server, or the name of the source is different to what is on your local machine. If it is installed the name (see screenshot below) must match the source name being used in Alteryx.

DavidSkaife_1-1669032145752.png

kritika24
5 - Atom

Hey @DavidSkaife
I checked the name at both places it was same but somehow I figured out the gap I was getting error, the driver was not added in System DSN that is the reason it was ending up in error.
Its solved now!
Thanks.

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

I've seen this occur when using an Output Data tool to write to a database and the insert statement includes a column that isn't in the target table 😀

JamesArce
5 - Atom

how can I save involved ODBC in Server?

Labels