Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Output Data (603): You must specify a file name.

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello:

I hope you all are doing great. I am facing an error. Which is : Error: Output Data (603): You must specify a file name. 

I have used this:

Kinetic_analytics_0-1658858077927.png

I am trying to get multiple tabs output in an excel output. How can I fix this error? Appreciate your solution.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Is your path complete including sheet name(s) if Excel?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Yes.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Kinetic_analytics you could try using @DataNath's Output to multiple Excel files or sheets - Alteryx Community Macro on the gallery if you want to keep it simple. 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Appreciate your help. I actually want the output files in multiple tabs, which is possible in using output tool. Thanks

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Kinetic_analytics, this is true but the macro unlike the output tool removes the need to add all the things that can cause formatting errors like the one you have. Would you be able to share an example file path you are using?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Thanks for the plug @IraWatt - appreciate that! And quite right - the macro allows you to select multiple files or multiple sheets as outputs so you have both options! :)

Labels