Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: 9999-12-31 Date coming in as NULL

beachs
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am new to this software, and first time posting. Please forgive if this is an easy question. 

I am using the Input tool to connect to a data source where I can see that this individual record states a date of 9999-12-31. When I look in alteryx using the browse tool it shows that the field is null. I can see lots of other dates, but the 9999-12-31 date does not come in. We use 9999-12-31 to identify that the record will not need any action, so it is one of the most common dates used in the data source. This is causing an issue because I am searching for records where that field is actually null/empty.  Any idea why it is showing as null? I suspect that it is automictically assuming that date is null because of the format?

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @beachs,

Could you kindly let me know what is the data source? 

If this is excel please use the below configuration and pick that the first row contains the data. Thanks to that you will get all the data in the string format.

Emil_Kos_0-1625000786844.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Here is a wild guess-  are you adding time to "9999-12-31"?

alteryx recognizes it as a date - but when you add time  to it - like via datetimeadd it becomes null(). try filtering these values out of your workflow before you apply datetimeadd...

2021-06-29 (3).png

2021-06-29 (4).png

  

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @beachs 

the data reads just fine on my machine. 
Can you attach a sample data and workflows to show what the error looks like?

dawn

image.jpg

Labels