Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Equivalent of VLookup?

derm
メテオール

Hi,

I want to be able to use a formula (or whatever tool) that could do the equivalent of a Vlookup. I'm not very experienced so I'd love all the help I could get.

I created some sample data to show you what I mean. Is it possible to use a formula that uses the condtions [commodity]=[c type] and [StartDate]=[month] to specifically grab the closing price that corresponds? I think creating a formula with a new column would help and thus allow for me to do what I need.

This is what I'm attempting.

Thanks,

derm

4件の返信4
cjaneczko
パルサー

Is your data on two different inputs. Typically the Join Tool would act as the equivalent of VLOOKUP in excel.

derm
メテオール

Yeah the data is coming from two different inputs. Could you explain how I would use the Join tool to do it? Would I just join by specific fields and do Month with StartDate and Commodity and C Type?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @derm have a look at this Alteryx & Excel Guide on the Alteryx community and specifically this post on How to do a VLOOKUP in Alteryx.

derm
メテオール

I just got it. Thank you. I overcomplicated what I was doing lol.

Best,

derm

ラベル