Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Equivalent of VLookup?

derm
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I want to be able to use a formula (or whatever tool) that could do the equivalent of a Vlookup. I'm not very experienced so I'd love all the help I could get.

I created some sample data to show you what I mean. Is it possible to use a formula that uses the condtions [commodity]=[c type] and [StartDate]=[month] to specifically grab the closing price that corresponds? I think creating a formula with a new column would help and thus allow for me to do what I need.

This is what I'm attempting.

Thanks,

derm

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Is your data on two different inputs. Typically the Join Tool would act as the equivalent of VLOOKUP in excel.

derm
7 - Meteor

Yeah the data is coming from two different inputs. Could you explain how I would use the Join tool to do it? Would I just join by specific fields and do Month with StartDate and Commodity and C Type?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @derm have a look at this Alteryx & Excel Guide on the Alteryx community and specifically this post on How to do a VLOOKUP in Alteryx.

derm
7 - Meteor

I just got it. Thank you. I overcomplicated what I was doing lol.

Best,

derm

Labels