Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email tool error: 'Couldn't connect to server' but Telnet email works

Jes
8 - Asteroid

I am testing out a simple workflow to send an email using Email tool but am getting a 'Couldn't connect to server' error.

I've tried multiple combinations of SMTP details & encryption but am getting the same error:

1. Port number in the SMTP field & encryption set to SSL/TLS

2. Port number not in the SMTP field & encryption set to SSL/TLS

3. Port number in the SMTP field & encryption set to STARTTLS

4. Port number not in the SMTP field & encryption set to STARTTLS

JH0123_0-1612207476618.png

JH0123_0-1612207702316.png

I've tried sending an email via TelNet as found in this page, and was able to send an email to myself: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Email-SMTP-Troubleshooting/ta-p/321...

My IT confirmed that the port number that we use is 25.

He's asked whether Alteryx has an email server, but given that I am running the workflow off a local machine, I'm not sure if this detail is of importance. 

Any suggestions on how I can get this up and running?

4 REPLIES 4
randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @Jes 

I have got this error many times and I solved it using the credentials boxes to authenticate the smtp

Give a try

I hope it helps

rodalferreira
8 - Asteroid

Hey JR0123,

Did you try to check the SMTP authentication and enter the credentials of your smtp?

Also, I don't know if all places are the same, but here at work the email don't work from my laptop because of firewall, I have to publish in the server and then it works.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

Dear @rodalferreira 

I did check the SMTP in my workflow and it was ran well in system but getting error when the same being run in Server (Gallery)

Please advise 

srikant96
9 - Comet

i have the same issue and no solution 

Labels