Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email tool SMTP settings are not visible

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

Please see attached screenshot. I can't view SMTP settings in the email tool, even though I am getting an error asking me to update them. What am I missing?

17 REPLIES 17
vizwithdan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @bradtukey , 

After doing some more research, I would suggest completely uninstalling Alteryx Designer and re-installing. There have been instances of this issue in the past and this could resolve the issue you have.
Let me know if this resolves the issues and please mark as correct on the forum.

Thanks

Danny

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

Hi Danny, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Alteryx. I'm using version 2024.1.1.17. I still have the same issue, where I can't see the SMTP settings in the email tool.

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

Thank you to all those who have replied and for your suggestions but I am still having the issue, despite trying all of your suggestions. Is there anyone else who can help with this? Without the email tool, the workflow I have is not usable. I'm on a deadline to create this tool and right now I can't move forward. Is there a team or someone who can join a zoom / Teams call with me to help troubleshoot? 

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Edit: Below is the setting that need to be changed. However, it's interesting why you cannot see the option at all.

In your Email tool, you have SMTP field, which you need to update. As shown in snip below.

image.png

If you are not sure about your SMTP and Port, you need to check in your server configuration.

just to give it a try, if your email is brad@abc.com

then your SMTP might be mail.abc.com

and port you can mention as 25. 

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

Guarv, those fields are not visible in the Email tool. I have tried reinstalling Alteryx, using new workflows, using a new email tool instance. Nothing that has been suggested in this thread makes those fields visible, so I can't input anything into them. 

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Follow the below steps

1. Go to Options
  2. User Settings
  3. Edit User Settings
  4. DCM
  5. Uncheck Override DCM System Settings

In case it is already unchecked, then your system settings makes DCM as mandatory. Then do the below

1. Check Override DCM System Settings
  2. Enable DCM
  3. Make DCM Optional

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much. Now I can see the settings! 

vizwithdan
8 - Asteroid

Glad you finally got to the bottom of it Brad! I've learnt something new too! Thanks Gaurav! 

Labels