Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email to Pop up before Sending

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

Is there a way that the email will pop up first for checking and editing before sending it to the recipients? A sample workflow is very much appreciated.

Thanks and hoping to hear from anyone.

Kamen

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello @KamenRider 

This type of "stop for review, then continue or cancel next step" functionality can be achieved using chained applications. I would design two workflows: One that builds the email as normal, but saves the content as a yxdb file (for the next step) and as a Composer file (for display/review). When this workflow completes, it could show the user the formatted email for review then prompts the user to run the next workflow (which they can also exit out of). The second workflow would simply open that yxdb file and send the email. 

The concept of chained apps is covered in this interactive lesson from the Academy: 
Chaining Analytic Apps - Alteryx Community

Let us know if this concept sounds like it's what you're looking for. Then I'm sure the Community can help with specific questions along the way. 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @CharlieS 

Thanks for the response however, is there any way that is more simpler that is easy to learn and understand? Any sample workflow I can check with to learn?

I hope you could help me on this. Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Kamen

RootiShah
5 - Atom

Hi @CharlieS ,

I'm working through a similar problem where the user who is running the workflow will need to preview the email contents before it is sent to the recipient. I understand the logic of chain apps you're proposing. What I can't figure out is how to prompt the user to run the next workflow if the email is as expected? What tool can I use to manually trigger the second workflow in the chain to be run without it being automatic?

Labels