Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email after when date is x days away

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Good morning -

I want to schedule a daily workflow that notifies a project manager by email that their project will end in 22 days.

The raw data looks something like this:

RDF25087_3-1678360115721.png

In the above example, the Product B and Product D campaigns will end 22 days from TODAY. I would like the workflow to identify those two campaigns and email the Project Managers that their campaigns are coming to an end with the following message:

Dear [Project Manager Name]

Your project [Project Number] [Project Name] will end in 22 days. Please review this project and take action where required.

Is this something that can be done, as it's more advanced than I can manage at the moment!

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

RDF

7 REPLIES 7
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @RDF25087 , this workflow will do that for you, you can customize the text to say whatever you want.

FinnCharlton_0-1678361498671.png

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton- thank you for the quick response. I've added your solution to my workflow and it's running now. Fingers crossed.

RDF

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Right then. I'm getting a [Null] value on the Date Diff output. I'm presuming this is because in your solution the End Date is in dd/mm/yyyy format whereas in my data it's dd.mm.yyyy.

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@RDF25087 yep that'll be why, just replace the "%d/%m/%Y" with "%d.%m.%Y"

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton- Perfect! That has solved that issue. However, it looks as though this will email every manager, every expiring project, whether it is theirs or not:

RDF25087_0-1678371755883.png

I need it to email each individual project manager only the expiring projects in their name - they shouldn't see any of the other managers jobs.

Thanks

RDF

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@RDF25087 , it only looks like that because you are viewing many records at once. Each email will just contain one of these reporting snippets. One email will be sent per row of data, and it will only contain information for that manager. 

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton  - Thanks for your help. I'll run it tonight and hopefully all will be well.

Thanks again.

RDF

Labels