Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email a spreadsheet with multiple tabs

ABCDA
7 - Meteor

Was wondering if anybody has a solution to email multiple tabs in the same spreadsheet out of Alteryx Gallery?

The input data is formatted as the following:

CustomerSheet

What I would like to do is email one spreadsheet that has all 4 sheet numbers with the Sheet number being named by the value in the Sheet column

For example:

Sheet 1 would be called 1 and have the following column

Customer

Sheet 2 would be called 2 and have the following column

Customer

Sheet 3 would be called 3 and have the following column

Customer

Sheet 4 would be called 4 and have the following column

Customer

When trying to email the file I'm only getting Sheet 1 in the results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Are you referencing the file with all 4 sheets in the Email tool? It should work normally even with multiple tabs

apathetichell
19 - Altair

The issue is - are you attaching the file or embedding it? If you are attaching it - it's just a binary. block until done/ create it. - BUD part II - attach it via blob input. -> email it.

ABCDA
7 - Meteor

I've attached a sample

workflow... For the email tool portion I am referencing the Path field as the attachment  

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The emailing works fine for me - the issue is your Output Data tool. You have it as Overwrite File, which is only keeping one sheet because it overwrites the file for each sheet you write out - change it to Overwrite Sheet and it works beautifully.

ABCDA
7 - Meteor

Awesome, thanks!  That works-  figured it was something simple I was missing.

Labels