Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool-Not supporting Body and attachment at the same time

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

I am sending attachment by using email tool in that i need to pick the most specific file to be sent after each run but if i have setup like that only body of the email has the link of recent file .In attachment i couldn't able to sent the attachment .Meanwhile same time i am not able to send the body and attachment.

Need help on email tool .

16 REPLIES 16
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you show us your configuration? 

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

In the email tool add section if i will give the specific file name it will pickup the file from the day it runs so if we run it for next week it is picking the same file and sending through email .But if in the body of the email i add this file name filed it is picking up the most recent run and send as a link .But i want some text in body and attachment most recent file run .

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want some text in the body, just type in whatever text you would want there - or use a Report Text tool to provide some more formatting and select that field for your email body!

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

yes i have tried that but the thing with email tool is we cant use 2 strings in attachment and body , it's showing error .Only one string field we can add. Is that it works ?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you configure it that way then and show me the error? Also what version are you on?

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

You can see i have added fields in both body and attachment not accepting it .

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, try removing the sheet name from the file name field. You may use it elsewhere in your workflow to write to multiple sheets, but I think it is erroring because it can’t separate a single sheet to send. You can use a Formula tool just before to affect the file name!

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

As you said , i am using formula tool to create the File name field and using it to generate the output in the output folder and using the same filename field for calling it out in Email tool .Does it affects?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You are allowed to do this, but the workflow needs to run the Output Data tool BEFORE the Email tool - otherwise the file will not have been created so it can’t be attached to the email. 

I would use a Block until Done to achieve this - it would have the Output Data coming out of #1 and the Email stream coming out of #2. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels