Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool No Longer Sending Emails Through SMTP That Previously Worked

elliottwood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I am back with a similar problem I have experienced before. We are currently trying to use the email tool to send multiple emails through our company's SMTP Server. In the past, the unencrypted SMTP settings (Port 25: No Encryption) have allowed us to send out the messages through our company's SMTP (This is after smtp.Office365.com stopped working for Alteryx). However, with the newest update, some staff have begun to receive Curl Errors (Login Denied, Cannot Connect, Timeouts, Ref Error).

Our process worked completely fine on the previous versions and the email tool STILL works with our staff who have Version: 2023.1.1.200 Patch: 1. 

Can anyone help me understand why the newest updates have changed this, and how I can work around this issue for our staff who have mistakenly upgraded and now cannot use legacy workflows? 

Note: Azure Permissions cannot be established per our data policy. So that workaround is not available to us.

Thanks,

Elliott

3 REPLIES 3
elliottwood
6 - Meteoroid

Just wanted to note the below do not work:

smtp.office355.com (Previously Worked)

Port: 587

Encryption: STARTTLS 

smtp.office355.com

Port: 25

Encryption: None

smtp.(ourcompany).com (Previously Worked)

Port: 587

Encryption: STARTTLS 

Authentication: YES and NO (all passwords correct when required)

smtp.(ourcompany).com (Previously Worked)

Port: 25

Encryption: None

Hamder83
11 - Bolide
JaKael02
5 - Atom

I'm now having the same problem.  That makes sense that Microsoft shut it off, but it's working on previous versions of Alteryx.  So, this must be something related to a recent version of Alteryx versus Microsoft??  

Labels