Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - Login Denied (Outlook 365)

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I did a workflow in the summer with these settings, and it worked. Now I tried running it again, and it says "Login denied" or "Timeout was reached". Nothing changed, and I contacted the IT department and tried with them different approaches - none of them worked but on the Telnet, the server and the port connected successfully. My colleagues have the same problem. I am using Alteryx Version: 2021.4.1.04899. Does anybody have an idea?

RMojsiak_0-1644229914371.png

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

bump, was facing this issue too

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

I am facing this issue too.

I've found an old post from 2021 - the author suspected that it is caused by multi-factor authentication on O365 account.
I'm also investigating this with other people within my company, will let you know if I have any information.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

It seems that the server had a problem at the company level with the multi-factor authentication at that time, so now it works. Thank everybody

Sfava
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

in my case - instead of using smtp.office365.com - I have used IP address provided by my IT.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

At that time, there was a problem with the company's server that was resolved. Have you tried updating Alteryx and using their new tool?

Labels