Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - Login Denied (Outlook 365)

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I did a workflow in the summer with these settings, and it worked. Now I tried running it again, and it says "Login denied" or "Timeout was reached". Nothing changed, and I contacted the IT department and tried with them different approaches - none of them worked but on the Telnet, the server and the port connected successfully. My colleagues have the same problem. I am using Alteryx Version: 2021.4.1.04899. Does anybody have an idea?

RMojsiak_0-1644229914371.png

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

bump, was facing this issue too

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

I am facing this issue too.

I've found an old post from 2021 - the author suspected that it is caused by multi-factor authentication on O365 account.
I'm also investigating this with other people within my company, will let you know if I have any information.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

It seems that the server had a problem at the company level with the multi-factor authentication at that time, so now it works. Thank everybody

Sfava
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

in my case - instead of using smtp.office365.com - I have used IP address provided by my IT.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

At that time, there was a problem with the company's server that was resolved. Have you tried updating Alteryx and using their new tool?

Labels