Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool - Couldn't Resolve Host Name

michcollins
7 - Meteor

I am using an email workflow that I have used many times that always worked.  Now I man getting this error message.  I have checked with our IT department to verify the SMPT and port, which they did. I have checked the email addresses in the Excel file I am using (even loaded my own email in the list).  Still no luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

HI@michcollins ,

Are you trying to run this on the Designer or Gallery?

Best,

Jagdeesh

michcollins
7 - Meteor

Designer.  The Excel and Workflow are saved on my hard drive as well.  Thought it might be a server issue but, no!!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@michcollins 

Have you tired deleting the current email tool, inserting a new one and re-configuring it?

michcollins
7 - Meteor

I will certainly give that a try.  Thank you

michcollins
7 - Meteor

That did not work.  I think I will rebuild the email and see if that helps.  Just stumped

Thank you for your help

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

I had the same issue in a workflow.  Couldn't resolve it so I switched to an Email Event instead as a work around.  Hopefully someone can offer a solution.

michcollins
7 - Meteor

Not familiar with Email Event.  I will search that.  Thank you

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@michcollins 

You can find the email events within the events tab in workflow configuration.

jagdeeshn_0-1611868553477.png

jagdeeshn_1-1611868600411.png

yashagarwal1703
5 - Atom

@michcollins

i was facing similar issue. However, seems to me that it is mandatory to be connected to your official VPN network in order to be able to send the email. 

Once i connected to my official VPN network, the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Yash 

Labels