Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Elastic Net/Lasso/Ridge Regression

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I want to run elastic net regression, which I am trying to run by using "GLMNET" package in "R Tool". I do not have much experiece in R and I am running into errors "S4 class is not subsettable" and I am sure I will get more once I solve this one. 

Has any one sucessfully used Lasso/Ridge/Elasticnet regression in Alteryx? what package did you use and can you share with me how you did it ?

Thanks!

Ashish

20 REPLIES 20
BridgetT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ashish,

I haven't really worked with the RODBC package, so I can't say for sure what the package is doing. But it seems that the package is able to detect date types from SQL sources, at least. Unfortunately, the Alteryx R tool does not recognize date fields in Alteryx as date fields within R at this time, as we both observed. However, you can request this feature on the Product Ideas forum here. If the Product Management team decides that there's enough demand for this feature, it may be implemented in a future version of Alteryx.

Best,

Bridget

Bridget Toomey

Research Scientist, Analytic Products

Alteryx
Labels