Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Easiest way to output to pdf

Su
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Please find the project attached. All I want to do is to have the exact same input table into a pdf, and I can't understand how to do it. Can you please help to find the easiest way?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Susana

4 REPLIES 4
Mika_IONE
7 - Meteor

Hi Su,

What part is it that doesnt work? Is it that you get 3 separate tables? Try to uncheck [product] in your table node/group by. This will send one table to the layout node.

Skärmklipp.JPG

kind regards

Mika

Su
7 - Meteor

Well, yeah, that definetly helped :) Plus, how to format the numbers? how to add a title? Well, how to format the all pdf in general, please?

Mika_IONE
7 - Meteor

Glad it worked!

I really dont spend much time formatting the render node. Instead I format the table and its heading elsewhere.

Render node:

-set your default font/size for everything (i believe, havent used this really since i format each object separately)

-set your paper size

Table node:

Format number, select the column and you have option for dec. places (you could also opt to preformat the numbers with a formula before the table)

Title: insert a report text node after the table and in that node select "attach text to existing field" and input your table in the dropdown.

Working with alteryx and layouts of different objects was very frustrating until I learned the layout node properly, spent many hours here. Expect to experiment a bit until you figure out what you need. For this basic thing, a single table with a header you really dont need the layout tool. The power of the layout tool comes in when you have separate tables (or other items) you want to controll with a page break or separator.

kind regards

Mika

Su
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for your help!

I agree that working with Alteryx for this type of thing is a bit frustating, It's not very intutive, at least for me. Your tips worked perfectly , will play around with it :)

Kind Regards,

Susana

Labels